Gabriella Marie & Sonja Frances

You just never know what you're going to get when you enter a crazy world like this

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Humpty Dumpty



`Don't stand chattering to yourself like that,' Humpty Dumpty said, looking at her for the first time, `but tell me your name and your business.'

`My name is Alice, but --'

`It's a stupid name enough!' Humpty Dumpty interrupted impatiently. `What does it mean?'

`Must a name mean something?' Alice asked doubtfully.

`Of course it must,' Humpty Dumpty said with a short laugh: `my name means the shape I am -- and a good handsome shape it is, too. With a name like yours, you might be any shape, almost.'

Lewis Carrol-Through the Looking Glass



Great Grandma Shipley made this humpty dumpty for my daddy when he was my age, as she did also for my Grammy Sandy, who says she used to squeeze onto him when she had a stomach ache. I visit Humpty on the changing table, (it helps me get through such an icky time), I like to hug and kiss humpty and I wave "by by" to him when I go.









Scrambled Eggs for thoughts? :

The question Humpty Dumpty is posing to himself up there on that wall is rather "To Be or not to Be?" For such is the condition we sometimes find ourselves in. If I fall off the sharp razor of either/or, I will crack, and my so called "King" will not be able to muster said resources (i.e. those "men" and those "horses") to fix "me". I believe so completely that if there is a crack in my egg-o, my world will end.

1 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Gabriella Marie Toombs said...

yep, he's really Lumpty Dumpty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home